After a delay in reporting the ticket sale dates due to questions regarding the applicability of Nevada’s LET tax, Burning Man has gone ahead and released all sale dates. It is noted that the 9% LET tax will be collected as Nevada has not responded as to if it applied to BM. If the answer is deemed no, you will be refunded the 9%. New this year are $1,200 ‘Da Vinci’ tickets. These higher priced tickets do not denote any more than all other tickets. Presale tickets will be $990 and general sale tickets $390 (same as in 2015).
2016 SALE STRUCTURE
GENERAL TICKET SALE INFO
- All sales require registration through Burner Profiles, so make sure your Profile is set up, complete, current, and that you know your log in details.
- Registering for a sale does not guarantee you access to a ticket or vehicle pass.
- All sales can be accessed from this page, or the link in your registration confirmation email.
- Buying a $390 ticket in a sale precludes you from buying additional $390 tickets in a later sale—only one order per person and per credit card is allowed.
- The name on the credit card used to purchase is the name on the ticket order.
- MasterCard and Visa are the only credit/debit cards accepted.
- All tickets bought through online sales are fully transferrable and eligible for name changes.
- Tickets and vehicle passes may only be resold for face value. Any tickets or vehicle passes being sold for above face-value may be canceled without notice.
- More information about the self-service Ticket Transfer Tool coming soon!
- All vehicles driving into Black Rock City are required to have a vehicle pass displayed in the windshield. Motorcycles and towed vehicles are exempt from the vehicle pass requirement.
- Vehicle passes will be available in each of the ticket sales.
- Vehicle passes are restricted in each sale: in the Pre-Sale the vehicle pass limit is up to four (4) per order, in all other sales a maximum of one (1) vehicle pass per order.
- There will be approximately 27,000 vehicle passes available total, at $80 each, plus applicable fees.
- For more information about vehicle passes, please read through the FAQ.
- For a more in-depth explanation of our comprehensive traffic mitigation plan, please read this Burning Man Journal post.
DELIVERY, FEES & TAXES
- During the purchase process, only orders within the US and Canada can select shipping. Will Call delivery is the only option available during sales for other international orders, but those in qualifying areas will be contacted directly with an option to upgrade their order to include international shipping. (Roughly 85% of our international purchases are in areas serviced.)
- Orders will begin shipping mid-June 2016.
- Within the US, orders are shipped securely using: USPS Signature Confirmation for $12 per order, or UPS 2nd Day Air for $22 per order.
- Orders to Canada are shipped securely using Canada Post Regular Parcel for $29 per order, or Canada UPS Expedited for $39 per order.
- Having orders held for Will Call pick up at the Box Office costs $12 per order.
- In addition to delivery fees, all orders are subject to processing fees of $7 per ticket or vehicle pass.
- A 9% Nevada Live Entertainment Tax will be added to the price of all tickets and $3 of the $7 per ticket service fee. Will Call delivery is the only delivery method subject to this tax. The $12 Will Call delivery charge will be inclusive, meaning additional tax will not be added for choosing this delivery method ($1.08 of the $12 fee is built-in tax).
SECURE TICKET EXCHANGE PROGRAM (STEP)
The Secure Ticket Exchange Program (STEP) is an online system that facilitates the safe resale of face-value tickets that have been purchased directly from Burning Man. It’s designed to provide a hassle-free, secure way of buying and selling tickets while avoiding scammers, counterfeits and scalpers. Read more…
LOW INCOME TICKET PROGRAM
Approximately 4,000 tickets at $190 each are available through our 2016 Low Income Ticket Program. These tickets are reserved for participants on a limited income who cannot otherwise afford our regular priced ticket. These tickets are non-transferrable and available by application only. Read more…
Kids and families have been part of Burning Man since 1986 on Baker Beach. Kids 12 and under still get in for free with their ticketed parents or guardians. For the first time this year, kids 12 years old and younger will need their own special no-cost kids ticket. If you’re bringing your children you will need to request their free ticket through a form which will be open in June, details to come.
FRAUD PREVENTION & THIRD PARTY BUYER INFO
We understand that for some people buying tickets second-hand is the most realistic option. To help people do this more confidently, BM have created a section of our FAQ with tips on buying tickets more safely. Once tickets begin to ship it will also include a list of ticket numbers that have been voided. Tickets can be voided for numerous reasons, including being reported as stolen, lost by the postal service, or being sold for above their face value, or other breach of the terms and conditions of sale. This list will continually be updated as we have new information. Please check this list before you buy a ticket from someone to make sure it’s not on the list and that the circumstances don’t sound like any of the scams that have been reported to us. Any ticket that has been voided will not be valid for entry to Burning Man 2016.
If you see marked-up tickets being offered anywhere else, contact email@example.com so they can pursue it (and yes they really do). The more information you can provide, the better, including screenshots since people often pull down posts if they think they are being flagged.
If you see a listing for marked up tickets on eBay, please report the item directly to eBay to have it taken down. You can find instructions here.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Not finding the answer to your question here? Visit the Ticket Support page to find the answers to (hopefully) all of your questions!
Additionally, you can email Burning Map, and they will be happy to answer any ticket-related questions.