As EDMLife reported in September, Insomniac will be debuting Camp EDC, a four-night camping experience right next to Las Vegas Motor Speedway, at EDC Las Vegas 2018. EDC will return for its 22nd annual dusk-to-dawn celebration on Friday, May 18th to Sunday, May 20th. Fans who have already purchased their EDC Las Vegas 2018 festival passes will have first access to buying Camp EDC passes during the pre-sale on Wednesday, November 15th at noon (PST). The general on sale will begin here on Thursday, November 16th at noon (PST).
“Every year I challenge myself to find ways that we can enhance the EDC experience,” said Pasquale Rotella, Founder and CEO of Insomniac. “One of my dreams has always been to create an immersive camping element to the festival, and I’m proud to announce that today, that idea becomes a reality with Camp EDC. We’re building out an expansive campground complete with air-conditioned ShiftPod tents and a drive-your-own RV option, in addition to a full center camp area called The Mesa that features tons of amenities and activities like daytime pool parties, yoga, group exercise classes, a curated speaker series, 24-hour food and beverage options, go-kart racing and plenty of art. There are so many things our Headliners can explore in Camp EDC, but the most exciting part is that people will be able to connect with one another in a completely new way.”
Festival goers can check in at Camp EDC on Thursday, May 17th from 3pm-2am and check out on Monday, May 21st by 7pm. All campers will have access to bathrooms, free showers, activities as well as amenities at the fully stocked and staffed center called The Mesa while taking advantage of ins-and-outs privileges during EDC hours. Tent and RV campsites will be separated, so bikes are encouraged to navigate throughout the grounds.
Featured amenities at The Mesa include:
- Thursday night kick-off party in the campgrounds featuring special guest DJ sets on the Parliament Art Car
- Go-kart racing
- Mesa pool with palm trees and walk-up bars
- Glitter and jewel makeovers
- Hair cuts, beard trims, and styling at the Barber Shop
- Airbrush body art
- Traditional yoga, acrobatic yoga, meditation, and Reiki cleansing
- Sound healing
- Rave aerobics and hula hoop classes
- Live model art
- Games like foot races, tug-o-war, and scavenger hunts
- Speaker series and comedic performances
- Women’s wellness workshops
- Shaded spaces and misting stations with artificial grass
- A variety of food truck options serving breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks
- Beverage stands featuring alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks
- 24-hour filtered water, medical, security, and Ground Control services
- A general store, an information booth, and a lost & found
- Free charging stations
- A shuttle service to nearby grocery stores (at extra cost)
- Pedicab service to and from the festival (at extra cost)
All tent camping options are fully enclosed, lockable, dust-controlled ShiftPod2 structures with artificial grass flooring, air conditioning, interior lighting, 4-port USB strips, access to The Mesa, and include one vehicle pass. The inaugural Camp EDC program will introduce three convenient lodging options that include:
- Moonglow Camping ($1,199 per group, includes all taxes and fees): One vehicle pass plus accommodations for up to four people. Bedding not included.
- Desert Rose Premiere Camping ($1,499 per group, includes all taxes and fees): Accommodations for up to two people that includes one vehicle pass, one deluxe queen bed or two single beds with linens and pillows, location closest to the festival entrance, and exclusive access to dedicated Desert Rose Camping showers and A/C restrooms.
- Bring-Your-Own RV ($329 per RV, includes all taxes and fees): Accommodations for up to eight people. RV campers will receive a 15-foot x 50-foot parking space, one vehicle pass, access to tent camping bathrooms, showers, and The Mesa amenities. Water and power can be purchased separately. All RVs must have a working air conditioner powered by an on-board generator.